We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to oversee the relationships with our retail client base.
As well as being a dynamic and driven account manager, you will need to be an exceptional communicator who can understand the needs of these retail clients, who range in size from single-store independents to international chains. Through such communication, you should be able to identify opportunities to up-sell our range of retail technology services to these clients, in order for their businesses to operate more efficiently.
Additionally, the successful candidate will handle any inquiries from clients, investigate the issue(s) and be able to resolve the problem smoothly (often via liaising with the appropriate internal department).
You will be an integral part of the commercial team working with marketing to develop activity to engage with this client base.
Skills and experience required
- 2-3 years account management experience preferably within a retail background
- An understanding of retail technology
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Good understanding of CRM tools (preferably Salesforce)
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service in all situations
- Comfortable networking and negotiating
- Good knowledge of the UK retail industry
- Observant with a proactive nature
- An excellent understanding of English, both written and verbal
The role is mainly based in our Wimbledon head office, though there will be some domestic travel involved. Basic salary is £25,000 rising to £40,000 OTE.
It is 37.5 hours a week, with 20 days holiday in the first year. After a year, holiday entitlement rises to 25 days and a private health care package is also offered.